Cochran to receive ASA’s highest award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
The American Shipbuilding Association (ASA) announced that Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) would be the 2010 recipient of the Herbert H. Bateman Award.
The Herbert H. Bateman Award was established by the ASA in 2000. This award is the industry’s highest recognition of an individual in the executive branch, legislative branch, or industry who has demonstrated years of consistent, outstanding and inspirational leadership in fighting for a stronger shipbuilding industry. Congressman Herb Bateman of Virginia, the award’s namesake, demonstrated these qualities throughout his tenure in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1981-2000.
Previous recipients of the Herbert H. Bateman award include Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) and former Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA