Cochran to receive ASA’s highest award
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
The American Shipbuilding Association (ASA) announced that Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) would be the 2010 recipient of the Herbert H. Bateman Award.
The Herbert H. Bateman Award was established by the ASA in 2000. This award is the industry’s highest recognition of an individual in the executive branch, legislative branch, or industry who has demonstrated years of consistent, outstanding and inspirational leadership in fighting for a stronger shipbuilding industry. Congressman Herb Bateman of Virginia, the award’s namesake, demonstrated these qualities throughout his tenure in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1981-2000.
Previous recipients of the Herbert H. Bateman award include Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) and former Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast