Dickens elected to SBCJC board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
At its June meeting, board members for the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges (SBCJC) elected Pat Dickens of Natchez as its vice-chair, effective immediately. The term as vice-chair will run until June 30, 2011.
The board, composed of 10 representatives from across the state, is a coordinating agency, which establishes standards and guidelines for the operation of the state’s 15 community colleges.
Dickens was appointed in 2005 to fill an unexpired term by Gov. Haley Barbour. She was reappointed by Barbour in 2007 to a term expiring in 2013.
Dickens represents the Fourth Congressional District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator