Dickens elected to SBCJC board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
At its June meeting, board members for the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges (SBCJC) elected Pat Dickens of Natchez as its vice-chair, effective immediately. The term as vice-chair will run until June 30, 2011.
The board, composed of 10 representatives from across the state, is a coordinating agency, which establishes standards and guidelines for the operation of the state’s 15 community colleges.
Dickens was appointed in 2005 to fill an unexpired term by Gov. Haley Barbour. She was reappointed by Barbour in 2007 to a term expiring in 2013.
Dickens represents the Fourth Congressional District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers