Dickens elected to SBCJC board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
At its June meeting, board members for the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges (SBCJC) elected Pat Dickens of Natchez as its vice-chair, effective immediately. The term as vice-chair will run until June 30, 2011.
The board, composed of 10 representatives from across the state, is a coordinating agency, which establishes standards and guidelines for the operation of the state’s 15 community colleges.
Dickens was appointed in 2005 to fill an unexpired term by Gov. Haley Barbour. She was reappointed by Barbour in 2007 to a term expiring in 2013.
Dickens represents the Fourth Congressional District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game