Dickens elected to SBCJC board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
At its June meeting, board members for the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges (SBCJC) elected Pat Dickens of Natchez as its vice-chair, effective immediately. The term as vice-chair will run until June 30, 2011.
The board, composed of 10 representatives from across the state, is a coordinating agency, which establishes standards and guidelines for the operation of the state’s 15 community colleges.
Dickens was appointed in 2005 to fill an unexpired term by Gov. Haley Barbour. She was reappointed by Barbour in 2007 to a term expiring in 2013.
Dickens represents the Fourth Congressional District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option