Dickens elected to SBCJC board
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
At its June meeting, board members for the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges (SBCJC) elected Pat Dickens of Natchez as its vice-chair, effective immediately. The term as vice-chair will run until June 30, 2011.
The board, composed of 10 representatives from across the state, is a coordinating agency, which establishes standards and guidelines for the operation of the state’s 15 community colleges.
Dickens was appointed in 2005 to fill an unexpired term by Gov. Haley Barbour. She was reappointed by Barbour in 2007 to a term expiring in 2013.
Dickens represents the Fourth Congressional District.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip