Jeffcoat elected president of medical group
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
Thomas Jeffcoat, M.D., of the Orthopaedic Clinic of Southwest Mississippi was recently elected president of the Mississippi Orthopaedic Society. Jeffcoat has been on the active staff of Southwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center in McComb since 1979 and is a former chief of staff of the hospital. He is currently serving as medical director of the Kings Daughters Wound Care Clinic and is a consulting staff member for Kings Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven.
Jeffcoat is a member of the American Medical Association, Mississippi Medical Association, South Central Medical Society, American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He also serves on the Pike County Economic Development Committee as well the board of directors of the Salvation Army.
Jeffcoat obtained his bachelor’s degree and medical degree from the University of Mississippi. He completed an internship at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas and did his residency at the University of Mississippi and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
Other recently elected board members for the Mississippi Orthopaedic Society are: Jeff Kennedy, M.D., of Capital Orthopaedic Clinic in Flowood; James O’Mara, M.D., of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson; Robert Mehrle, M.D., of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; George Russell, M.D., of University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson; and, Donnis Harrison, M.D., of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists in Pascagoula.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'