Keeping Our Eye On: Scott Marshall
by Don Smith
Published: June 27,2010
Education: Bachelor and masters of accountancy, University of Mississippi
Current Position: Financial planner, Marshall Financial Planning, LLC
At age 30, Scott Marshall has already had an extensive career in finances. After graduating from the University of Mississippi, the West Point native began his career as a financial auditor for Ernst & Young, LLP, in Nashville, Tenn. Eventually, prayer and councel sent Marshall toward financial planning.
Marshall began this part of his career working with nationally syndicated finance talk-show host Dave Ramsey. Marshall worked with Ramsey as a wealth coach and financial counselor in Brentwood, Tenn. Though he enjoyed his new career and the opportunity to work with Ramsey, Marshall felt his Mississippi roots calling him back in the spring of 2007. Marshall joined Ramsey’s Investment Endorsed Local Provider group in Jackson and began building his client base.
In the summer of 2009, Marshall was let to open his own financial planning practice and thus was born Marshall Financial Planning, LLC. He specializes in educating his clients on various financial products and helping them create and implement a plan to meet their financial goals.
Marshall is a Certified Financial Planner and Certified Public Accountant and currently holds his series 7 & 66 licenses to sell securities as well as various insurance products in the State of Mississippi. He is a Registered Representative with The Leaders Group Inc., an independent, registered broker-dealer and member FINRA & SIPC.
Marshall, his wife, Helen, and his son, Taylor, currently reside in Jackson. They are active members at Redeemer Church, PCA, in Jackson.
Must-have Mississippi food: Anything at Anthony’s in West Point
Favorite Hangout: Home with wife and son
Favorite Movie: “The Shawshank Redemption”
Favorite Band: Chris Tomlin
Last Book Read: “No Man Left Behind”
Best Role Model: Jesus Christ
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping Our Eye On: Scott Marshall”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice