Michie new GM at Horizon Casino
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
Tropicana Entertainment announced that Jeff Michie has been named general manager of its Horizon Casino Hotel in Vicksburg. Michie is a 20-year veteran of the gaming industry. For the past five years he has been with Belterra Casino Resort & Spa in Indiana where he was named assistant general manager in 2007 with responsibility for finance, marketing, casino operations, information technology and security. Prior to his assignment with Belterra, Michie was the director of finance for the Grand Victoria Casino & Resort, also in Indiana, from 2002-04, and director of financial accounting and controller for Barona Casino in San Diego from 2001-02.
He started his gaming career with Harrah’s Entertainment in 1990 as a finance clerk. Over the next nine years he was promoted six times, eventually becoming director of finance at the Tunica Casino & Hotel in 1999.
A graduate of San Diego State University with a bachelor’s degree in public administration, Michie also has an adventurous side having backpacked for six months through Southeast Asia and Great Britain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state