Michie new GM at Horizon Casino
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
Tropicana Entertainment announced that Jeff Michie has been named general manager of its Horizon Casino Hotel in Vicksburg. Michie is a 20-year veteran of the gaming industry. For the past five years he has been with Belterra Casino Resort & Spa in Indiana where he was named assistant general manager in 2007 with responsibility for finance, marketing, casino operations, information technology and security. Prior to his assignment with Belterra, Michie was the director of finance for the Grand Victoria Casino & Resort, also in Indiana, from 2002-04, and director of financial accounting and controller for Barona Casino in San Diego from 2001-02.
He started his gaming career with Harrah’s Entertainment in 1990 as a finance clerk. Over the next nine years he was promoted six times, eventually becoming director of finance at the Tunica Casino & Hotel in 1999.
A graduate of San Diego State University with a bachelor’s degree in public administration, Michie also has an adventurous side having backpacked for six months through Southeast Asia and Great Britain.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium