Styles named head of ERDC lab
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
Dr. Richard Styles has joined the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) as the chief of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) Navigation Branch.
A Knoxville, Tenn., native, Styles earned a bachelor’s in physics from the University of Tennessee, a master’s in oceanography from the Florida Institute of Technology and a doctorate in oceanography from Rutgers University. He previously worked as an oceanographer in the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center and also spent time as an assistant professor at the University of South Carolina.
Styles and his wife, Renee, have two sons, Brent and Lex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015