Styles named head of ERDC lab
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
Dr. Richard Styles has joined the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) as the chief of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) Navigation Branch.
A Knoxville, Tenn., native, Styles earned a bachelor’s in physics from the University of Tennessee, a master’s in oceanography from the Florida Institute of Technology and a doctorate in oceanography from Rutgers University. He previously worked as an oceanographer in the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center and also spent time as an assistant professor at the University of South Carolina.
Styles and his wife, Renee, have two sons, Brent and Lex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program