Styles named head of ERDC lab
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
Dr. Richard Styles has joined the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) as the chief of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) Navigation Branch.
A Knoxville, Tenn., native, Styles earned a bachelor’s in physics from the University of Tennessee, a master’s in oceanography from the Florida Institute of Technology and a doctorate in oceanography from Rutgers University. He previously worked as an oceanographer in the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center and also spent time as an assistant professor at the University of South Carolina.
Styles and his wife, Renee, have two sons, Brent and Lex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game