Styles named head of ERDC lab
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2010
Dr. Richard Styles has joined the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) as the chief of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) Navigation Branch.
A Knoxville, Tenn., native, Styles earned a bachelor’s in physics from the University of Tennessee, a master’s in oceanography from the Florida Institute of Technology and a doctorate in oceanography from Rutgers University. He previously worked as an oceanographer in the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center and also spent time as an assistant professor at the University of South Carolina.
Styles and his wife, Renee, have two sons, Brent and Lex.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending