Firm wins AIA award for Beauvoir restoration
HATTIESBURG — Albert & Associates Architects, P.A., was awarded the 2010 AIA Gulf States Region Honor Award in Miami at the National AIA Convention.
The firm was honored for its restoration of Beauvoir in Biloxi, the last home of Confederate president Jeff Davis that was badly damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
The jury commented: “History is complicated — only slightly less than Mother Nature. The meticulous and scholarly restoration of Beauvoir simultaneously add to our knowledge of preservation in the wake of disaster, allows the continued telling of our complicated history with the attention to authenticity that is remarkable in the wake of such destruction. The project shows impeccable attention to preserving historic details.
“Restoration and reconstruction of this building was an incredible undertaking that reclaimed a significant historic landmark from the ruins of a storm for future generations to enjoy.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue