Toyota begins production of hybrid Auris
by Associated Press
Published: June 28,2010
LONDON — Toyota has begun production of its hybrid Auris car at a plant in Britain.
The first vehicle rolled off the assembly line this morning at Toyota’s plant in Burnaston in Central England.
The car’s so-called hybrid synergy drive combines a gas engine with an electric motor.
Britain’s business minister, Vince Cable, was on hand for the event. He says Burnaston is the only plant in the world to build the new car. The gas engines are being built in Wales.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Woman charged with murder in second buttocks-enhancement case