Toyota begins production of hybrid Auris
Published: June 28,2010
LONDON — Toyota has begun production of its hybrid Auris car at a plant in Britain.
The first vehicle rolled off the assembly line this morning at Toyota’s plant in Burnaston in Central England.
The car’s so-called hybrid synergy drive combines a gas engine with an electric motor.
Britain’s business minister, Vince Cable, was on hand for the event. He says Burnaston is the only plant in the world to build the new car. The gas engines are being built in Wales.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal