Toyota begins production of hybrid Auris
Published: June 28,2010
LONDON — Toyota has begun production of its hybrid Auris car at a plant in Britain.
The first vehicle rolled off the assembly line this morning at Toyota’s plant in Burnaston in Central England.
The car’s so-called hybrid synergy drive combines a gas engine with an electric motor.
Britain’s business minister, Vince Cable, was on hand for the event. He says Burnaston is the only plant in the world to build the new car. The gas engines are being built in Wales.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- New Orleans congestion keeps Chiquita Gulfport port
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- More money needed to get Biloxi baseball stadium open on time
- Cox won't seek a second term as Greenville mayor
- Mississippi auto parts workers in union drive plan protest
- Gunn to seek phaseout of personal income tax