Toyota begins production of hybrid Auris
Published: June 28,2010
LONDON — Toyota has begun production of its hybrid Auris car at a plant in Britain.
The first vehicle rolled off the assembly line this morning at Toyota’s plant in Burnaston in Central England.
The car’s so-called hybrid synergy drive combines a gas engine with an electric motor.
Britain’s business minister, Vince Cable, was on hand for the event. He says Burnaston is the only plant in the world to build the new car. The gas engines are being built in Wales.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- $134M proposed for 10 BP-funded oil spill recovery projects