Toyota begins production of hybrid Auris
by Associated Press
Published: June 28,2010
LONDON — Toyota has begun production of its hybrid Auris car at a plant in Britain.
The first vehicle rolled off the assembly line this morning at Toyota’s plant in Burnaston in Central England.
The car’s so-called hybrid synergy drive combines a gas engine with an electric motor.
Britain’s business minister, Vince Cable, was on hand for the event. He says Burnaston is the only plant in the world to build the new car. The gas engines are being built in Wales.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy