Big Star Media to launch IPTV channel
CLARKSDALE — Big Star Media Group Inc. plans to develop a television channel intended for broadcast distribution over the Internet.
The channel, “Clarksdale TV,” will originate from the company’s production facilities in Clarksdale, and will feature proprietary blues-related music news and entertainment programming.
Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) refers to the delivery of scheduled and video-on-demand TV programs and movies over the Internet, and is delivered via a web page, web-links, or an embeddable player. When a subscriber wants to view a TV channel, that channel is routed to the user like most other resources on the Internet, but optimized for delivery on their computer or other web-enabled device.
Clarksdale TV will initially be available as a link from the company’s current website, and will initially be free of charge. The company’s revenue model for the channel is based on an advertising and sponsorship model with additional subscription fees, which apply for varying levels of enhanced content delivery.
Big Star has already captured over 100 hours of quality material, which will be developed into several entertaining programming treatments that capture the unique character, lifestyle, unique perspective that can only be found in the Mississippi Delta.
Big Star’s management expects the proprietary content and website redesign to occur simultaneously with the plan to begin broadcasting in the near term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Big Star Media to launch IPTV channel”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics