Big Star Media to launch IPTV channel
CLARKSDALE — Big Star Media Group Inc. plans to develop a television channel intended for broadcast distribution over the Internet.
The channel, “Clarksdale TV,” will originate from the company’s production facilities in Clarksdale, and will feature proprietary blues-related music news and entertainment programming.
Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) refers to the delivery of scheduled and video-on-demand TV programs and movies over the Internet, and is delivered via a web page, web-links, or an embeddable player. When a subscriber wants to view a TV channel, that channel is routed to the user like most other resources on the Internet, but optimized for delivery on their computer or other web-enabled device.
Clarksdale TV will initially be available as a link from the company’s current website, and will initially be free of charge. The company’s revenue model for the channel is based on an advertising and sponsorship model with additional subscription fees, which apply for varying levels of enhanced content delivery.
Big Star has already captured over 100 hours of quality material, which will be developed into several entertaining programming treatments that capture the unique character, lifestyle, unique perspective that can only be found in the Mississippi Delta.
Big Star’s management expects the proprietary content and website redesign to occur simultaneously with the plan to begin broadcasting in the near term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Big Star Media to launch IPTV channel”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money