Mercedes-Benz opens facility to centralize operations
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) announced the opening of its new facility in Jacksonville, Fla. Strategically located minutes from the Jacksonville airport, the new facility centralizes several business units into one building for efficient customer and dealer support.
The newly constructed building totaling 415,000 square feet is a leased facility located off of Interstate 95 at 13470 International Parkway. MBUSA plans to take official occupancy in July with four business units operating from the location including Sales Operations Southern Regional Office; Parts Distribution Center (PDC); Quality Evaluation Center (QEC); and Learning & Performance Center (LPC). Approximately 160 employees are in the new facility, which incorporates innovative environmental systems and design.
“The new state-of-the-art facility incorporates Mercedes-Benz Autohaus design that many dealers have adopted throughout the U.S. Now we have one common look and feel for our corporate operations in the region across all our key business units,” said Ernst Lieb, CEO of MBUSA. “By linking our core operations in one building, we can also create better efficiencies that will benefit our dealer network and our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Mercedes-Benz opens facility to centralize operations”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind