Mercedes-Benz opens facility to centralize operations
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) announced the opening of its new facility in Jacksonville, Fla. Strategically located minutes from the Jacksonville airport, the new facility centralizes several business units into one building for efficient customer and dealer support.
The newly constructed building totaling 415,000 square feet is a leased facility located off of Interstate 95 at 13470 International Parkway. MBUSA plans to take official occupancy in July with four business units operating from the location including Sales Operations Southern Regional Office; Parts Distribution Center (PDC); Quality Evaluation Center (QEC); and Learning & Performance Center (LPC). Approximately 160 employees are in the new facility, which incorporates innovative environmental systems and design.
“The new state-of-the-art facility incorporates Mercedes-Benz Autohaus design that many dealers have adopted throughout the U.S. Now we have one common look and feel for our corporate operations in the region across all our key business units,” said Ernst Lieb, CEO of MBUSA. “By linking our core operations in one building, we can also create better efficiencies that will benefit our dealer network and our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Mercedes-Benz opens facility to centralize operations”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur