Mercedes-Benz opens facility to centralize operations
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) announced the opening of its new facility in Jacksonville, Fla. Strategically located minutes from the Jacksonville airport, the new facility centralizes several business units into one building for efficient customer and dealer support.
The newly constructed building totaling 415,000 square feet is a leased facility located off of Interstate 95 at 13470 International Parkway. MBUSA plans to take official occupancy in July with four business units operating from the location including Sales Operations Southern Regional Office; Parts Distribution Center (PDC); Quality Evaluation Center (QEC); and Learning & Performance Center (LPC). Approximately 160 employees are in the new facility, which incorporates innovative environmental systems and design.
“The new state-of-the-art facility incorporates Mercedes-Benz Autohaus design that many dealers have adopted throughout the U.S. Now we have one common look and feel for our corporate operations in the region across all our key business units,” said Ernst Lieb, CEO of MBUSA. “By linking our core operations in one building, we can also create better efficiencies that will benefit our dealer network and our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Mercedes-Benz opens facility to centralize operations”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet