New wastewater facility now in operation
MCCOMB — McComb Mayor Zachary Patterson and approximately 75 dignitaries, supporters, contractors and special guests commemorated the completion of the state-of-the-art McComb Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility during ceremonies held June 22 in McComb.
Patterson said the $34-million facility, which was completed approximately $1 million under budget and three months ahead of schedule, is able to process wastewater treatment for the entire region in an environmentally responsible manner. In addition, it is capable of doing this for 30-plus years.
“Benefits of the facility are many and will be realized for years to come,” Patterson said. “Cities, counties, communities and industries within the southwest region of our state are looking to the McComb Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility as a means for meeting their wastewater treatment needs in a cost-efficient and environmentally sound manner. It is anticipated that industrial and commercial users will be attracted to the area as a result of the facilities, and our economic base will continue to expand.”
Neel-Schaffer Inc. designed and developed plans and specifications for the new wastewater treatment facility. During construction, Neel-Schaffer staff members performed construction administration oversight. Neel-Schaffer, working with McComb city officials, was also instrumental in obtaining funding for the project, which was secured through an interagency partnership with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ).
Max Foote Construction Company Inc. of Mandeville, La., received the award to construct the facility. Foote employed some 50 sub-contractors during the two years in which the facility was under construction. Construction of the facility generated approximately $12 million in the local economy as vendors and local hires benefited from the multi-million-dollar project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus