New wastewater facility now in operation
MCCOMB — McComb Mayor Zachary Patterson and approximately 75 dignitaries, supporters, contractors and special guests commemorated the completion of the state-of-the-art McComb Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility during ceremonies held June 22 in McComb.
Patterson said the $34-million facility, which was completed approximately $1 million under budget and three months ahead of schedule, is able to process wastewater treatment for the entire region in an environmentally responsible manner. In addition, it is capable of doing this for 30-plus years.
“Benefits of the facility are many and will be realized for years to come,” Patterson said. “Cities, counties, communities and industries within the southwest region of our state are looking to the McComb Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility as a means for meeting their wastewater treatment needs in a cost-efficient and environmentally sound manner. It is anticipated that industrial and commercial users will be attracted to the area as a result of the facilities, and our economic base will continue to expand.”
Neel-Schaffer Inc. designed and developed plans and specifications for the new wastewater treatment facility. During construction, Neel-Schaffer staff members performed construction administration oversight. Neel-Schaffer, working with McComb city officials, was also instrumental in obtaining funding for the project, which was secured through an interagency partnership with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ).
Max Foote Construction Company Inc. of Mandeville, La., received the award to construct the facility. Foote employed some 50 sub-contractors during the two years in which the facility was under construction. Construction of the facility generated approximately $12 million in the local economy as vendors and local hires benefited from the multi-million-dollar project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability