SmartSynch lands milestone project with TNMP
Published: June 30,2010
JACKSON — Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) has selected SmartSynch Inc.’s Residential SmartMeter for 231,000 unit point-to-point deployment to residential customers throughout the utility’s Texas market.
Terms were not disclosed.
This marks the first mass residential deployment of smart metering solutions that use a public wireless network as the communications backbone, according to SmartSynch.
TNMP’s decision was propelled by the performance of SmartSynch’s initial 10,000-unit deployment in 2009.
“The service, reliability, speed and ease of deployment and performance we experienced during the trial surpassed our expectations, and made this an easy decision,” said Neal Walker, vice president, Texas Operations, TNMP.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity