SmartSynch lands milestone project with TNMP
Published: June 30,2010
JACKSON — Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) has selected SmartSynch Inc.’s Residential SmartMeter for 231,000 unit point-to-point deployment to residential customers throughout the utility’s Texas market.
Terms were not disclosed.
This marks the first mass residential deployment of smart metering solutions that use a public wireless network as the communications backbone, according to SmartSynch.
TNMP’s decision was propelled by the performance of SmartSynch’s initial 10,000-unit deployment in 2009.
“The service, reliability, speed and ease of deployment and performance we experienced during the trial surpassed our expectations, and made this an easy decision,” said Neal Walker, vice president, Texas Operations, TNMP.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs