SmartSynch lands milestone project with TNMP
Published: June 30,2010
JACKSON — Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) has selected SmartSynch Inc.’s Residential SmartMeter for 231,000 unit point-to-point deployment to residential customers throughout the utility’s Texas market.
Terms were not disclosed.
This marks the first mass residential deployment of smart metering solutions that use a public wireless network as the communications backbone, according to SmartSynch.
TNMP’s decision was propelled by the performance of SmartSynch’s initial 10,000-unit deployment in 2009.
“The service, reliability, speed and ease of deployment and performance we experienced during the trial surpassed our expectations, and made this an easy decision,” said Neal Walker, vice president, Texas Operations, TNMP.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)