SmartSynch lands milestone project with TNMP
Published: June 30,2010
JACKSON — Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) has selected SmartSynch Inc.’s Residential SmartMeter for 231,000 unit point-to-point deployment to residential customers throughout the utility’s Texas market.
Terms were not disclosed.
This marks the first mass residential deployment of smart metering solutions that use a public wireless network as the communications backbone, according to SmartSynch.
TNMP’s decision was propelled by the performance of SmartSynch’s initial 10,000-unit deployment in 2009.
“The service, reliability, speed and ease of deployment and performance we experienced during the trial surpassed our expectations, and made this an easy decision,” said Neal Walker, vice president, Texas Operations, TNMP.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves