SmartSynch lands milestone project with TNMP
Published: June 30,2010
JACKSON — Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP) has selected SmartSynch Inc.’s Residential SmartMeter for 231,000 unit point-to-point deployment to residential customers throughout the utility’s Texas market.
Terms were not disclosed.
This marks the first mass residential deployment of smart metering solutions that use a public wireless network as the communications backbone, according to SmartSynch.
TNMP’s decision was propelled by the performance of SmartSynch’s initial 10,000-unit deployment in 2009.
“The service, reliability, speed and ease of deployment and performance we experienced during the trial surpassed our expectations, and made this an easy decision,” said Neal Walker, vice president, Texas Operations, TNMP.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option