EPI Advanced settles sexual harassment case
SHERMAN — A St. Louis-based plastic injection molding company will pay $190,000 to settle a sexual harassment case in Mississippi.
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission announced the settlement today.
The EEOC had sued EPI Advanced after women employees at its plant in Sherman complained that a male supervisor and a male co-worker made sexually explicit comments and propositions toward them and that some women were grabbed and touched, according to court documents.
The EEOC says management failed to properly investigate the allegations.
The EEOC says the settlement also requires the company to develop and maintain a policy prohibiting sexual harassment; to distribute the policy and complaint procedure to all employees; and provide mandatory training to its employees on the policy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter