LEED-certified Southern Bancorp office construction begins
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp executives and employees broke ground recently for the bank’s full-service LEED-certified branch in Hernando.
The branch at 790 Byhalia Road is scheduled to open in early 2011.
Southern currently has two loan production offices in DeSoto County — one in Hernando and the other in Southaven.
Alan Sims, Southern’s DeSoto County president, said the Hernando groundbreaking signifies Southern’s commitment to expand its operations to meet customers’ needs.
Southern currently serves more than 80,000 customers through 45 branches located in rural communities from Northeast Arkansas to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports