LEED-certified Southern Bancorp office construction begins
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp executives and employees broke ground recently for the bank’s full-service LEED-certified branch in Hernando.
The branch at 790 Byhalia Road is scheduled to open in early 2011.
Southern currently has two loan production offices in DeSoto County — one in Hernando and the other in Southaven.
Alan Sims, Southern’s DeSoto County president, said the Hernando groundbreaking signifies Southern’s commitment to expand its operations to meet customers’ needs.
Southern currently serves more than 80,000 customers through 45 branches located in rural communities from Northeast Arkansas to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur