LEED-certified Southern Bancorp office construction begins
HERNANDO — Southern Bancorp executives and employees broke ground recently for the bank’s full-service LEED-certified branch in Hernando.
The branch at 790 Byhalia Road is scheduled to open in early 2011.
Southern currently has two loan production offices in DeSoto County — one in Hernando and the other in Southaven.
Alan Sims, Southern’s DeSoto County president, said the Hernando groundbreaking signifies Southern’s commitment to expand its operations to meet customers’ needs.
Southern currently serves more than 80,000 customers through 45 branches located in rural communities from Northeast Arkansas to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions