Columbus AFB gets new commander
Col. Roger Watkins, commander at Columbus Air Force Base for the past two years, has received new orders. A change-of-command ceremony will be held July 28 as Watkins turns over leadership of the 14th Flight Training Wing to Col. Barre R. Seguin, commander of the 8th Operations Group at Kunsan Air Base in Korea.
Watkins will move on to Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., where he’ll serve as commandant of the Squadron Officer College, Air University, the Air Force’s center for company grade officer professional development.
Seguin, a command pilot with over 3,000 hours in various aircraft, holds a degree in mathematics and economics from the State University of New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release