Humphreys named chair of MHA board
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
Ray Humphreys, president and CEO of Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian, has been appointed chairman of the 2010-2011 Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA) Board of Governors.
Humphreys previously served as CEO of Delta Regional Medical Center in Greenville from 2001 to April 2010 and COO and CEO of Wesley Medical Center in Hattiesburg from 1976 to 2000. Humphreys began his career in healthcare administration at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Vicksburg in 1970.
Humphreys is a very active member of MHA. He has served as a member of the MHA Board of Governors, chairman of MHA’s Committee on Legislation, as a member of the MHA Trauma Committee and on the MHA Executive Committee. He served on the board of directors of the Delta Economic Center and is a past member of the Delta Revitalization Task Force and the Governor’s Medicaid Advisory Committee. As a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives, Humphreys was named Healthcare Executive of the year in 2004.
He is active in church and involved with several community organizations.
Humphreys received his bachelor of business administration from Mississippi State University in 1967 and his master’s in hospital administration from Mississippi College in 1978.
Humphreys and his wife, Michelle, have two children – Dr. Chandler Humphreys, a dentist in Hattiesburg, and Kelley Elizabeth, who was lost in an auto accident in 2006. He is the son of Alta Kate Humphreys and the late Leland Earl Humphreys of Philadelphia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability