Masingill confirmed as DRA co-chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The U.S. Senate has confirmed the appointment of a top aide to Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe as head of the Delta Regional Authority, a federal agency that works to enhance the economy of the impoverished Mississippi Delta region in eight states.
The Senate confirmed Chris Masingill as federal co-chair of the panel, a full-time post that makes Masingill essentially its top administrator.
Masingill, Beebe’s director of intergovernmental affairs, has been serving as Beebe’s alternate to the agency.
Masingill will report directly to the White House.
He replaces Pete Johnson, who was appointed by President George W. Bush.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency