Masingill confirmed as DRA co-chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The U.S. Senate has confirmed the appointment of a top aide to Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe as head of the Delta Regional Authority, a federal agency that works to enhance the economy of the impoverished Mississippi Delta region in eight states.
The Senate confirmed Chris Masingill as federal co-chair of the panel, a full-time post that makes Masingill essentially its top administrator.
Masingill, Beebe’s director of intergovernmental affairs, has been serving as Beebe’s alternate to the agency.
Masingill will report directly to the White House.
He replaces Pete Johnson, who was appointed by President George W. Bush.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training