Masingill confirmed as DRA co-chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The U.S. Senate has confirmed the appointment of a top aide to Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe as head of the Delta Regional Authority, a federal agency that works to enhance the economy of the impoverished Mississippi Delta region in eight states.
The Senate confirmed Chris Masingill as federal co-chair of the panel, a full-time post that makes Masingill essentially its top administrator.
Masingill, Beebe’s director of intergovernmental affairs, has been serving as Beebe’s alternate to the agency.
Masingill will report directly to the White House.
He replaces Pete Johnson, who was appointed by President George W. Bush.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics