Masingill confirmed as DRA co-chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The U.S. Senate has confirmed the appointment of a top aide to Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe as head of the Delta Regional Authority, a federal agency that works to enhance the economy of the impoverished Mississippi Delta region in eight states.
The Senate confirmed Chris Masingill as federal co-chair of the panel, a full-time post that makes Masingill essentially its top administrator.
Masingill, Beebe’s director of intergovernmental affairs, has been serving as Beebe’s alternate to the agency.
Masingill will report directly to the White House.
He replaces Pete Johnson, who was appointed by President George W. Bush.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers