Masingill confirmed as DRA co-chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The U.S. Senate has confirmed the appointment of a top aide to Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe as head of the Delta Regional Authority, a federal agency that works to enhance the economy of the impoverished Mississippi Delta region in eight states.
The Senate confirmed Chris Masingill as federal co-chair of the panel, a full-time post that makes Masingill essentially its top administrator.
Masingill, Beebe’s director of intergovernmental affairs, has been serving as Beebe’s alternate to the agency.
Masingill will report directly to the White House.
He replaces Pete Johnson, who was appointed by President George W. Bush.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip