Quinn replaces Pittman at Planters
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The board of directors of Planters Bank and Trust Company has recently approved changes in the management of the Greenwood office. Effective July 1, John Pittman, current president of Planters Bank & Trust Company, Greenwood, moved to a part-time status in his transition toward retirement, and Jim Quinn will assume the role of president of the Greenwood bank.
Pittman, now in his 39th year of banking, will remain active and continue his service on the Planters board of directors.
Quinn, a Greenwood native, has been in banking for 21 years, and has served as a senior officer in the Planters’ Greenwood office since it opened 11 years ago. Quinn holds a bachelor of science degree in banking and finance from Mississippi State University. He is active in many community organizations and is a member and elder of First Presbyterian Church. He is married to the former Beverly Bell from Inverness, and they have two children, Madison and Grayson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner