Quinn replaces Pittman at Planters
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The board of directors of Planters Bank and Trust Company has recently approved changes in the management of the Greenwood office. Effective July 1, John Pittman, current president of Planters Bank & Trust Company, Greenwood, moved to a part-time status in his transition toward retirement, and Jim Quinn will assume the role of president of the Greenwood bank.
Pittman, now in his 39th year of banking, will remain active and continue his service on the Planters board of directors.
Quinn, a Greenwood native, has been in banking for 21 years, and has served as a senior officer in the Planters’ Greenwood office since it opened 11 years ago. Quinn holds a bachelor of science degree in banking and finance from Mississippi State University. He is active in many community organizations and is a member and elder of First Presbyterian Church. He is married to the former Beverly Bell from Inverness, and they have two children, Madison and Grayson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections