Quinn replaces Pittman at Planters
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 4,2010
The board of directors of Planters Bank and Trust Company has recently approved changes in the management of the Greenwood office. Effective July 1, John Pittman, current president of Planters Bank & Trust Company, Greenwood, moved to a part-time status in his transition toward retirement, and Jim Quinn will assume the role of president of the Greenwood bank.
Pittman, now in his 39th year of banking, will remain active and continue his service on the Planters board of directors.
Quinn, a Greenwood native, has been in banking for 21 years, and has served as a senior officer in the Planters’ Greenwood office since it opened 11 years ago. Quinn holds a bachelor of science degree in banking and finance from Mississippi State University. He is active in many community organizations and is a member and elder of First Presbyterian Church. He is married to the former Beverly Bell from Inverness, and they have two children, Madison and Grayson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill