Ford sets new sales record in China
DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. says it sold a record 301,524 vehicles in China during the first six months of the year, up 53 percent from the same period in 2009.
The Dearborn, Mich., automaker said yesterday its passenger car joint venture, Changan Ford Mazda Automobile, sold a record 205,563 vehicles, up 46 percent for the six-month period. Its commercial vehicle venture, Jiangling Motors Corp., sold 88,363 vehicles, also a record.
Ford also sells its Volvo brand in China. The sale of Volvo to Zhejiang Geely Holding Co. is awaiting Chinese government approval.
Ford still trails rival General Motors Co. in Chinese sales. GM sold 1.21 million vehicles in China from January to June.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case