Ford sets new sales record in China
DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. says it sold a record 301,524 vehicles in China during the first six months of the year, up 53 percent from the same period in 2009.
The Dearborn, Mich., automaker said yesterday its passenger car joint venture, Changan Ford Mazda Automobile, sold a record 205,563 vehicles, up 46 percent for the six-month period. Its commercial vehicle venture, Jiangling Motors Corp., sold 88,363 vehicles, also a record.
Ford also sells its Volvo brand in China. The sale of Volvo to Zhejiang Geely Holding Co. is awaiting Chinese government approval.
Ford still trails rival General Motors Co. in Chinese sales. GM sold 1.21 million vehicles in China from January to June.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip