Audi reports healthy sales last month
BERLIN — Luxury carmaker Audi AG says its sales were up 8.7 percent last month in year-on-year terms as demand increased in China, the United States and Britain.
Audi said today it sold 99,250 cars worldwide in June. Deliveries to China shot up 61.6 percent to 21,436.
U.S. sales rose 14.3 percent to 8,601 and deliveries in Britain were up 11.6 percent to 8,665. But deliveries in western Europe as a whole dropped 5.3 percent to 55,400, led by a 19.9 percent decline in Germany.
Audi, a unit of Volkswagen AG, said it sold 554,950 cars in the first half of 2010 — a 19.1 percent year-on-year rise.
It plans to exceed the million-car mark for the full year as it did in 2008 and is on course for a sales record.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Audi reports healthy sales last month”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter