Audi reports healthy sales last month
BERLIN — Luxury carmaker Audi AG says its sales were up 8.7 percent last month in year-on-year terms as demand increased in China, the United States and Britain.
Audi said today it sold 99,250 cars worldwide in June. Deliveries to China shot up 61.6 percent to 21,436.
U.S. sales rose 14.3 percent to 8,601 and deliveries in Britain were up 11.6 percent to 8,665. But deliveries in western Europe as a whole dropped 5.3 percent to 55,400, led by a 19.9 percent decline in Germany.
Audi, a unit of Volkswagen AG, said it sold 554,950 cars in the first half of 2010 — a 19.1 percent year-on-year rise.
It plans to exceed the million-car mark for the full year as it did in 2008 and is on course for a sales record.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Audi reports healthy sales last month”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us