Audi reports healthy sales last month
BERLIN — Luxury carmaker Audi AG says its sales were up 8.7 percent last month in year-on-year terms as demand increased in China, the United States and Britain.
Audi said today it sold 99,250 cars worldwide in June. Deliveries to China shot up 61.6 percent to 21,436.
U.S. sales rose 14.3 percent to 8,601 and deliveries in Britain were up 11.6 percent to 8,665. But deliveries in western Europe as a whole dropped 5.3 percent to 55,400, led by a 19.9 percent decline in Germany.
Audi, a unit of Volkswagen AG, said it sold 554,950 cars in the first half of 2010 — a 19.1 percent year-on-year rise.
It plans to exceed the million-car mark for the full year as it did in 2008 and is on course for a sales record.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Audi reports healthy sales last month”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62