Audi reports healthy sales last month
BERLIN — Luxury carmaker Audi AG says its sales were up 8.7 percent last month in year-on-year terms as demand increased in China, the United States and Britain.
Audi said today it sold 99,250 cars worldwide in June. Deliveries to China shot up 61.6 percent to 21,436.
U.S. sales rose 14.3 percent to 8,601 and deliveries in Britain were up 11.6 percent to 8,665. But deliveries in western Europe as a whole dropped 5.3 percent to 55,400, led by a 19.9 percent decline in Germany.
Audi, a unit of Volkswagen AG, said it sold 554,950 cars in the first half of 2010 — a 19.1 percent year-on-year rise.
It plans to exceed the million-car mark for the full year as it did in 2008 and is on course for a sales record.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Audi reports healthy sales last month”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill