Foundation makes national top 100 ranking
JACKSON — The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson has been recognized as among the top foundations of its kind in the country.
CF Insights assessed the more than 700 community foundations in the United States and recently released its Community Foundation Top 100 lists.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson was ranked 50th on the list of most active grant-makers. In 2009, the Foundation awarded over $2.2 million in grants from the over 200 charitable funds it holds.
This ranking should be a source of pride for the community, according to Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Foundation.
“The Foundation exists because of the generosity of the people of this community, and the investments these people make go right back into organizations they care about here. There’s a real relationship between the communities we serve and the Foundation,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foundation makes national top 100 ranking”
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary