Foundation makes national top 100 ranking
JACKSON — The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson has been recognized as among the top foundations of its kind in the country.
CF Insights assessed the more than 700 community foundations in the United States and recently released its Community Foundation Top 100 lists.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson was ranked 50th on the list of most active grant-makers. In 2009, the Foundation awarded over $2.2 million in grants from the over 200 charitable funds it holds.
This ranking should be a source of pride for the community, according to Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Foundation.
“The Foundation exists because of the generosity of the people of this community, and the investments these people make go right back into organizations they care about here. There’s a real relationship between the communities we serve and the Foundation,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foundation makes national top 100 ranking”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics