Foundation makes national top 100 ranking
JACKSON — The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson has been recognized as among the top foundations of its kind in the country.
CF Insights assessed the more than 700 community foundations in the United States and recently released its Community Foundation Top 100 lists.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson was ranked 50th on the list of most active grant-makers. In 2009, the Foundation awarded over $2.2 million in grants from the over 200 charitable funds it holds.
This ranking should be a source of pride for the community, according to Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Foundation.
“The Foundation exists because of the generosity of the people of this community, and the investments these people make go right back into organizations they care about here. There’s a real relationship between the communities we serve and the Foundation,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foundation makes national top 100 ranking”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option