Foundation makes national top 100 ranking
JACKSON — The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson has been recognized as among the top foundations of its kind in the country.
CF Insights assessed the more than 700 community foundations in the United States and recently released its Community Foundation Top 100 lists.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson was ranked 50th on the list of most active grant-makers. In 2009, the Foundation awarded over $2.2 million in grants from the over 200 charitable funds it holds.
This ranking should be a source of pride for the community, according to Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Foundation.
“The Foundation exists because of the generosity of the people of this community, and the investments these people make go right back into organizations they care about here. There’s a real relationship between the communities we serve and the Foundation,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foundation makes national top 100 ranking”
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House