Foundation makes national top 100 ranking
by Wally Northway
Published: July 8,2010
JACKSON — The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson has been recognized as among the top foundations of its kind in the country.
CF Insights assessed the more than 700 community foundations in the United States and recently released its Community Foundation Top 100 lists.
The Community Foundation of Greater Jackson was ranked 50th on the list of most active grant-makers. In 2009, the Foundation awarded over $2.2 million in grants from the over 200 charitable funds it holds.
This ranking should be a source of pride for the community, according to Doug Boone, President and CEO of the Foundation.
“The Foundation exists because of the generosity of the people of this community, and the investments these people make go right back into organizations they care about here. There’s a real relationship between the communities we serve and the Foundation,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foundation makes national top 100 ranking”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections