Osyka completes oil well drilling
JONES COUNTY — Osyka Corporation, a Houston-based energy company, has successfully completed its recently drilled well located in the West Laurel area of Jones County.
The well, which was completed June 14, 2010, has an average initial flowing rate of 82 barrels of oil per day and 500 MCFD of natural gas after a hydraulic frac.
Osyka Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary Osyka Permian, LLC participated in the completion of the Wilson 35-15 No. 1 discovery well. The exploration well was drilled to a total depth of 11,943 feet Nov. 24, 2009 and found several pay sands. Multiple tests were conducted on the well during February and March 2010.
Currently, the company has an interest in approximately 18 wells in Texas and Mississippi, with an average working interest of 70 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force