Osyka completes oil well drilling
JONES COUNTY — Osyka Corporation, a Houston-based energy company, has successfully completed its recently drilled well located in the West Laurel area of Jones County.
The well, which was completed June 14, 2010, has an average initial flowing rate of 82 barrels of oil per day and 500 MCFD of natural gas after a hydraulic frac.
Osyka Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary Osyka Permian, LLC participated in the completion of the Wilson 35-15 No. 1 discovery well. The exploration well was drilled to a total depth of 11,943 feet Nov. 24, 2009 and found several pay sands. Multiple tests were conducted on the well during February and March 2010.
Currently, the company has an interest in approximately 18 wells in Texas and Mississippi, with an average working interest of 70 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran