Osyka completes oil well drilling
JONES COUNTY — Osyka Corporation, a Houston-based energy company, has successfully completed its recently drilled well located in the West Laurel area of Jones County.
The well, which was completed June 14, 2010, has an average initial flowing rate of 82 barrels of oil per day and 500 MCFD of natural gas after a hydraulic frac.
Osyka Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary Osyka Permian, LLC participated in the completion of the Wilson 35-15 No. 1 discovery well. The exploration well was drilled to a total depth of 11,943 feet Nov. 24, 2009 and found several pay sands. Multiple tests were conducted on the well during February and March 2010.
Currently, the company has an interest in approximately 18 wells in Texas and Mississippi, with an average working interest of 70 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate