Osyka completes oil well drilling
JONES COUNTY — Osyka Corporation, a Houston-based energy company, has successfully completed its recently drilled well located in the West Laurel area of Jones County.
The well, which was completed June 14, 2010, has an average initial flowing rate of 82 barrels of oil per day and 500 MCFD of natural gas after a hydraulic frac.
Osyka Corporation, through its wholly owned subsidiary Osyka Permian, LLC participated in the completion of the Wilson 35-15 No. 1 discovery well. The exploration well was drilled to a total depth of 11,943 feet Nov. 24, 2009 and found several pay sands. Multiple tests were conducted on the well during February and March 2010.
Currently, the company has an interest in approximately 18 wells in Texas and Mississippi, with an average working interest of 70 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones