Toyota to open offices to study quality problems
by Associated Press
Published: July 8,2010
TOYOTA, Japan — Toyota will open six new offices in North America to gather information about vehicle problems as the automaker works to recover from huge recalls that started last year.
Toyota Motor Corp. says it will open four offices in the U.S. and two in Canada over the next 12 months to collect feedback to study vehicle problems and customer complaints.
The Japanese automaker has been trying to improve the safety and quality of its vehicles since recalling more than 8.5 million cars and trucks starting in October. Most of the recalls were related to unintended acceleration, a problem that the U.S. government has tied to dozens of deaths.
This week, Toyota launched a recall of 270,000 of its Lexus luxury vehicles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year