Anadarko reneges on payment to BP
Published: July 9,2010
NEW YORK — Anadarko Petroleum Corp. is refusing to pay BP about $272 million for its share of the costs tied to the massive Gulf oil spill.
The Houston-based oil company is part owner in the Macondo well that blew out on April 20 and has sent millions of gallons of oil into the sea. Spokesman John Christiansen said today that Anadarko informed BP of its intention to withhold payment for the bill BP sent it in early June.
So far, BP has paid more than $3 billion to deal with the spill. According to a joint-operating agreement, Anadarko is on the hook for a quarter of the costs, so BP could be sending more bills. Anadarko claims it shouldn’t be held responsible because it believes BP was reckless in the drilling operation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015