Connector road project to be let by MDOT
ADAMS COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) announced that Adams County will begin working on the Port Connector Road Project that will provide for the realignment and widening of Government Fleet Road and an extension to the L. E. Barry Road near the Port of Natchez.
The project will be funded on an 80/20 match with up to approximately $3.1 million in National Highway System Intermodal Connector Improvement Program funds being available.
This work will include grading, drainage, bridge and paving work to complete the project.
MDOT has given the authority for Adams County Board of Supervisors to advertise for bids for this project. The board will have 60 days from the date of the letter to place the first advertisement in the Clarion Ledger for the receipt of bids.
Work is expected to commence on this project no later than Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award