Connector road project to be let by MDOT
ADAMS COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) announced that Adams County will begin working on the Port Connector Road Project that will provide for the realignment and widening of Government Fleet Road and an extension to the L. E. Barry Road near the Port of Natchez.
The project will be funded on an 80/20 match with up to approximately $3.1 million in National Highway System Intermodal Connector Improvement Program funds being available.
This work will include grading, drainage, bridge and paving work to complete the project.
MDOT has given the authority for Adams County Board of Supervisors to advertise for bids for this project. The board will have 60 days from the date of the letter to place the first advertisement in the Clarion Ledger for the receipt of bids.
Work is expected to commence on this project no later than Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015