Connector road project to be let by MDOT
ADAMS COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) announced that Adams County will begin working on the Port Connector Road Project that will provide for the realignment and widening of Government Fleet Road and an extension to the L. E. Barry Road near the Port of Natchez.
The project will be funded on an 80/20 match with up to approximately $3.1 million in National Highway System Intermodal Connector Improvement Program funds being available.
This work will include grading, drainage, bridge and paving work to complete the project.
MDOT has given the authority for Adams County Board of Supervisors to advertise for bids for this project. The board will have 60 days from the date of the letter to place the first advertisement in the Clarion Ledger for the receipt of bids.
Work is expected to commence on this project no later than Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds