Connector road project to be let by MDOT
ADAMS COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) announced that Adams County will begin working on the Port Connector Road Project that will provide for the realignment and widening of Government Fleet Road and an extension to the L. E. Barry Road near the Port of Natchez.
The project will be funded on an 80/20 match with up to approximately $3.1 million in National Highway System Intermodal Connector Improvement Program funds being available.
This work will include grading, drainage, bridge and paving work to complete the project.
MDOT has given the authority for Adams County Board of Supervisors to advertise for bids for this project. The board will have 60 days from the date of the letter to place the first advertisement in the Clarion Ledger for the receipt of bids.
Work is expected to commence on this project no later than Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015