Connector road project to be let by MDOT
ADAMS COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) announced that Adams County will begin working on the Port Connector Road Project that will provide for the realignment and widening of Government Fleet Road and an extension to the L. E. Barry Road near the Port of Natchez.
The project will be funded on an 80/20 match with up to approximately $3.1 million in National Highway System Intermodal Connector Improvement Program funds being available.
This work will include grading, drainage, bridge and paving work to complete the project.
MDOT has given the authority for Adams County Board of Supervisors to advertise for bids for this project. The board will have 60 days from the date of the letter to place the first advertisement in the Clarion Ledger for the receipt of bids.
Work is expected to commence on this project no later than Jan. 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement