DeFatta elevated to executive director
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
Jerry DeFatta, associate director for external affairs for the Southern Miss Alumni Association, has been promoted to the role of executive director.
DeFatta, who has been an employee of the University of Southern Mississippi for nearly five years, replaced Bob Pierce July 1. Pierce, who has served as executive director of the association for 12 years, has been named the university’s vice president for advancement. The position increases Pierce’s responsibilities to include oversight of the University Foundation as well as the Alumni Association.
As executive director, DeFatta will lead the association’s 11-person staff, manage the overall administration of the organization and serve as secretary and treasurer of the association’s board of directors.
DeFatta was recommended for hire to university President Martha Saunders by a 17-person selection committee, led by incoming association president Randy Pope and comprised of alumni, faculty, staff, students and community leaders.
Prior to joining the staff of the Alumni Association, DeFatta was employed with the Cintas Corporation, an Ohio-based uniform and facility service company, where he held various positions serving as a sales representative, service manager and plant manager.
He is a member of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education and the Hattiesburg Sertoma Club.
DeFatta and his wife, Bethanie, currently reside in Petal with their daughters, Eva Marie and Ella Katherine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino