Higginbotham wins AHA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
The American Hospital Association (AHA) has presented its 2010 Grassroots Champion Award to Doug Higginbotham, executive director for South Central Regional Medical Center in Laurel.
The AHA created the Grassroots Champion Award to honor leaders who most effectively educate elected officials on how major issues affect the hospital’s vital role in the community, who have done an exemplary job in broadening the base of community support for health care and who are tireless advocates for hospitals and their patients.
Higginbotham has taken a vital role in shaping healthcare policy through his involvement in such organizations as the American College of Health Care Executives (ACHE). In his numerous affiliations and leadership roles with the Mississippi Hospital Association, Higginbotham has an extensive track record of being an effective voice for the hospital community.
He currently serves on the MHA Board of Governors and previously served as board chairman from 2000-2001. He also served as chairman on the MHA Committee on Legislation. In addition, he serves as a member of the Mississippi Hospital Association’s Political Action Committee Board.
As a member of American Hospital Association’s Regional Policy Board in Region 4, Higginbotham is also involved in policy development on the federal level.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year