Higginbotham wins AHA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
The American Hospital Association (AHA) has presented its 2010 Grassroots Champion Award to Doug Higginbotham, executive director for South Central Regional Medical Center in Laurel.
The AHA created the Grassroots Champion Award to honor leaders who most effectively educate elected officials on how major issues affect the hospital’s vital role in the community, who have done an exemplary job in broadening the base of community support for health care and who are tireless advocates for hospitals and their patients.
Higginbotham has taken a vital role in shaping healthcare policy through his involvement in such organizations as the American College of Health Care Executives (ACHE). In his numerous affiliations and leadership roles with the Mississippi Hospital Association, Higginbotham has an extensive track record of being an effective voice for the hospital community.
He currently serves on the MHA Board of Governors and previously served as board chairman from 2000-2001. He also served as chairman on the MHA Committee on Legislation. In addition, he serves as a member of the Mississippi Hospital Association’s Political Action Committee Board.
As a member of American Hospital Association’s Regional Policy Board in Region 4, Higginbotham is also involved in policy development on the federal level.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi