Higginbotham wins AHA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
The American Hospital Association (AHA) has presented its 2010 Grassroots Champion Award to Doug Higginbotham, executive director for South Central Regional Medical Center in Laurel.
The AHA created the Grassroots Champion Award to honor leaders who most effectively educate elected officials on how major issues affect the hospital’s vital role in the community, who have done an exemplary job in broadening the base of community support for health care and who are tireless advocates for hospitals and their patients.
Higginbotham has taken a vital role in shaping healthcare policy through his involvement in such organizations as the American College of Health Care Executives (ACHE). In his numerous affiliations and leadership roles with the Mississippi Hospital Association, Higginbotham has an extensive track record of being an effective voice for the hospital community.
He currently serves on the MHA Board of Governors and previously served as board chairman from 2000-2001. He also served as chairman on the MHA Committee on Legislation. In addition, he serves as a member of the Mississippi Hospital Association’s Political Action Committee Board.
As a member of American Hospital Association’s Regional Policy Board in Region 4, Higginbotham is also involved in policy development on the federal level.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders