MMSA board officers, members set
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
Tags: Alex Thomas, Bill Andrews Kay Miller, Bill Scruggs, Billy Wiseman, Chuck Ueltschey, Gray Swoope, H.T. Holmes, Hibbett Neel, Jim West, John Poros, Joy Foy, Ken P'Pool, Leland Speed, Lynn Ryals, Mississippi Main Street Association, MMSA, Randy Burchfield, Steve Kelly, Suzanne Smith
The Mississippi Main Street Association (MMSA) recently held its annual meeting and awards luncheon in downtown Jackson. Among the agenda was the passing of the gavel to new MMSA board president Randy Burchfield of Tupelo.
Burchfield will serve a two-year term (2010-2012), following Chuck Ueltschey of Gulfport, 2008-2010 board president.
Burchfield serves as senior vice president and director of marketing for BancorpSouth in Tupelo.
Besides being active on the MMSA board, Burchfield is past president of the Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association.
The 2010 MMSA Board executive officers include: Burchfield; immediate past president Ueltschey, Mississippi Power Company; and, president-elect and treasurer Barry Plunkett, entrepreneur.
The 2010 board includes: Billy Wiseman, board member emeritus; Leland Speed, Eastgroup/Parkway Properties; Steve Kelly, Entergy; Bill Andrews, Viking Corporation; Kay Miller, Biloxi Main Street; Hibbett Neel, Neel-Schaffer; Bill Scruggs, St. Dominic Health Services; Suzanne Smith, Renasant Bank; and, Lynn Ryals, Tunica Main Street.
Permanent board members are H.T. Holmes, Mississippi Department of Archives and History and Jim West, College of Architecture, Art and Design at Mississippi State University. Designated representatives to the board are Ken P’Pool, Mississippi Department of Archives and History and John Poros, The Carl Small Town Center at Mississippi State University. Ex officio members include Gray Swoope, Joy Foy and Alex Thomas of the Mississippi Development Authority.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMSA board officers, members set”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route