Parra returns to 4-County as interim GM
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
The 4-County Electric Power Association’s board of directors has appointed Dale Parra as the cooperative’s interim general manager. Parra will take over for retiring CEO/general manager Allegra Brigham, who has been named interim president at Mississippi University for Women.
Parra assumed his new duties July 1.
Parra worked for the cooperative in many capacities for more than 35 years before retiring in 2009. He began his career at 4-County in 1973, and among his roles served as a lineman, a district construction and engineering coordinator, manager of member services, and as district manager in both West Point and Columbus.
He and his wife, Nancy, currently reside in Columbus.
The board of directors is conducting an extensive search to identify candidates for the permanent CEO/general manager position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image