Parra returns to 4-County as interim GM
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
The 4-County Electric Power Association’s board of directors has appointed Dale Parra as the cooperative’s interim general manager. Parra will take over for retiring CEO/general manager Allegra Brigham, who has been named interim president at Mississippi University for Women.
Parra assumed his new duties July 1.
Parra worked for the cooperative in many capacities for more than 35 years before retiring in 2009. He began his career at 4-County in 1973, and among his roles served as a lineman, a district construction and engineering coordinator, manager of member services, and as district manager in both West Point and Columbus.
He and his wife, Nancy, currently reside in Columbus.
The board of directors is conducting an extensive search to identify candidates for the permanent CEO/general manager position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Woman charged with murder in second buttocks-enhancement case