Parra returns to 4-County as interim GM
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 11,2010
The 4-County Electric Power Association’s board of directors has appointed Dale Parra as the cooperative’s interim general manager. Parra will take over for retiring CEO/general manager Allegra Brigham, who has been named interim president at Mississippi University for Women.
Parra assumed his new duties July 1.
Parra worked for the cooperative in many capacities for more than 35 years before retiring in 2009. He began his career at 4-County in 1973, and among his roles served as a lineman, a district construction and engineering coordinator, manager of member services, and as district manager in both West Point and Columbus.
He and his wife, Nancy, currently reside in Columbus.
The board of directors is conducting an extensive search to identify candidates for the permanent CEO/general manager position.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years