Aon buying Hewitt for $4.9B in cash, stock
Published: July 12,2010
CHICAGO — Insurance broker Aon Corp. said today it agreed to buy human resources company Hewitt Associates for $4.9 billion in cash and stock to expand its consulting operations.
The insurance broker will pay $50 per Hewitt share. That is a 41 percent premium from Hewitt’s closing price Friday of $35.40.
Aon, based in Chicago, plans to integrate Hewitt with its existing consulting and outsourcing operations and create a new unit, Aon Hewitt, after the deal closes.
Hewitt, based in Lincolnshire, Ill., is a human resources consulting and outsourcing company.
Aon expects the deal will save $355 million annually beginning in 2013. It said the deal will help earnings in 2011 and 2012.
Hewitt stockholders will receive $25.61 in cash and about 0.64 percent of a share in Aon stock per Hewitt share. The total payment will be $2.45 billion in cash and 64 million shares.
The deal is expected to close by mid-November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option