Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow
by Associated Press
Published: July 12,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — Construction will begin tomorrow on the 3,000-square-foot office for the Ocean Springs harbor master and staff. It will replace the house that had been converted to an office and then destroyed by Katrina.
Officials will hold a pile-driving ceremony on the site at 9 a.m. to kick off the rebuilding that is expected to take about a year.
The building will be eight feet off the ground.
The building will include office space, a large meeting room and storage for a price of $830,000.
FEMA is paying for the new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow”
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M