Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow
Published: July 12,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — Construction will begin tomorrow on the 3,000-square-foot office for the Ocean Springs harbor master and staff. It will replace the house that had been converted to an office and then destroyed by Katrina.
Officials will hold a pile-driving ceremony on the site at 9 a.m. to kick off the rebuilding that is expected to take about a year.
The building will be eight feet off the ground.
The building will include office space, a large meeting room and storage for a price of $830,000.
FEMA is paying for the new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing