Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow
Published: July 12,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — Construction will begin tomorrow on the 3,000-square-foot office for the Ocean Springs harbor master and staff. It will replace the house that had been converted to an office and then destroyed by Katrina.
Officials will hold a pile-driving ceremony on the site at 9 a.m. to kick off the rebuilding that is expected to take about a year.
The building will be eight feet off the ground.
The building will include office space, a large meeting room and storage for a price of $830,000.
FEMA is paying for the new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal