Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow
Published: July 12,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — Construction will begin tomorrow on the 3,000-square-foot office for the Ocean Springs harbor master and staff. It will replace the house that had been converted to an office and then destroyed by Katrina.
Officials will hold a pile-driving ceremony on the site at 9 a.m. to kick off the rebuilding that is expected to take about a year.
The building will be eight feet off the ground.
The building will include office space, a large meeting room and storage for a price of $830,000.
FEMA is paying for the new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau