Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow
Published: July 12,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — Construction will begin tomorrow on the 3,000-square-foot office for the Ocean Springs harbor master and staff. It will replace the house that had been converted to an office and then destroyed by Katrina.
Officials will hold a pile-driving ceremony on the site at 9 a.m. to kick off the rebuilding that is expected to take about a year.
The building will be eight feet off the ground.
The building will include office space, a large meeting room and storage for a price of $830,000.
FEMA is paying for the new facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Construction on new harbor master office to begin tomorrow”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K