Ex-employee suspected of stealing $500K
GULFPORT — Gulfport police have arrested a former employee of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. on a charge of embezzlement.
Police arrested 61-year-old Gus Leonard Holmes Sr. of Gulfport Wednesday. Sgt. Chris Ryle told The Sun Herald that Holmes is suspected to taking about $500,000 during a period of several years.
Justice Court Judge Diane Ladner set bond at $50,000.
Holmes was booked at the Harrison County jail and has been released on bond.
It was not immediately known whether Holmes has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability