Ex-employee suspected of stealing $500K
GULFPORT — Gulfport police have arrested a former employee of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. on a charge of embezzlement.
Police arrested 61-year-old Gus Leonard Holmes Sr. of Gulfport Wednesday. Sgt. Chris Ryle told The Sun Herald that Holmes is suspected to taking about $500,000 during a period of several years.
Justice Court Judge Diane Ladner set bond at $50,000.
Holmes was booked at the Harrison County jail and has been released on bond.
It was not immediately known whether Holmes has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers