Ex-employee suspected of stealing $500K
GULFPORT — Gulfport police have arrested a former employee of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. on a charge of embezzlement.
Police arrested 61-year-old Gus Leonard Holmes Sr. of Gulfport Wednesday. Sgt. Chris Ryle told The Sun Herald that Holmes is suspected to taking about $500,000 during a period of several years.
Justice Court Judge Diane Ladner set bond at $50,000.
Holmes was booked at the Harrison County jail and has been released on bond.
It was not immediately known whether Holmes has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues