Ex-employee suspected of stealing $500K
GULFPORT — Gulfport police have arrested a former employee of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. on a charge of embezzlement.
Police arrested 61-year-old Gus Leonard Holmes Sr. of Gulfport Wednesday. Sgt. Chris Ryle told The Sun Herald that Holmes is suspected to taking about $500,000 during a period of several years.
Justice Court Judge Diane Ladner set bond at $50,000.
Holmes was booked at the Harrison County jail and has been released on bond.
It was not immediately known whether Holmes has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending