Ex-employee suspected of stealing $500K
GULFPORT — Gulfport police have arrested a former employee of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. on a charge of embezzlement.
Police arrested 61-year-old Gus Leonard Holmes Sr. of Gulfport Wednesday. Sgt. Chris Ryle told The Sun Herald that Holmes is suspected to taking about $500,000 during a period of several years.
Justice Court Judge Diane Ladner set bond at $50,000.
Holmes was booked at the Harrison County jail and has been released on bond.
It was not immediately known whether Holmes has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner