Officials hope multi-modal facility is completed this summer
BROOKHAVEN — Brookhaven officials are hoping for late summer opening its multi-modal transportation facility.
Mayor Les Bumgarner told The Daily Leader that things keep popping up that keep it from being finished. He said the present ones involve the parking lot size and the length of the boarding area by the tracks.
Bumgarner said the boarding area — now at 80 feet — needs to be extended to 400 feet. That developed from a miscommunication between Amtrak and state transportation officials.
Amtrak and the state are working out the money issue.
Bumgarner said more space also was needed to park buses. He says that involves widening everything so there can be one lane in and one lane out, so it makes kind of a loop.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts