Officials hope multi-modal facility is completed this summer
BROOKHAVEN — Brookhaven officials are hoping for late summer opening its multi-modal transportation facility.
Mayor Les Bumgarner told The Daily Leader that things keep popping up that keep it from being finished. He said the present ones involve the parking lot size and the length of the boarding area by the tracks.
Bumgarner said the boarding area — now at 80 feet — needs to be extended to 400 feet. That developed from a miscommunication between Amtrak and state transportation officials.
Amtrak and the state are working out the money issue.
Bumgarner said more space also was needed to park buses. He says that involves widening everything so there can be one lane in and one lane out, so it makes kind of a loop.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)