Officials hope multi-modal facility is completed this summer
BROOKHAVEN — Brookhaven officials are hoping for late summer opening its multi-modal transportation facility.
Mayor Les Bumgarner told The Daily Leader that things keep popping up that keep it from being finished. He said the present ones involve the parking lot size and the length of the boarding area by the tracks.
Bumgarner said the boarding area — now at 80 feet — needs to be extended to 400 feet. That developed from a miscommunication between Amtrak and state transportation officials.
Amtrak and the state are working out the money issue.
Bumgarner said more space also was needed to park buses. He says that involves widening everything so there can be one lane in and one lane out, so it makes kind of a loop.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money