Officials hope multi-modal facility is completed this summer
BROOKHAVEN — Brookhaven officials are hoping for late summer opening its multi-modal transportation facility.
Mayor Les Bumgarner told The Daily Leader that things keep popping up that keep it from being finished. He said the present ones involve the parking lot size and the length of the boarding area by the tracks.
Bumgarner said the boarding area — now at 80 feet — needs to be extended to 400 feet. That developed from a miscommunication between Amtrak and state transportation officials.
Amtrak and the state are working out the money issue.
Bumgarner said more space also was needed to park buses. He says that involves widening everything so there can be one lane in and one lane out, so it makes kind of a loop.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium