Officials hope multi-modal facility is completed this summer
BROOKHAVEN — Brookhaven officials are hoping for late summer opening its multi-modal transportation facility.
Mayor Les Bumgarner told The Daily Leader that things keep popping up that keep it from being finished. He said the present ones involve the parking lot size and the length of the boarding area by the tracks.
Bumgarner said the boarding area — now at 80 feet — needs to be extended to 400 feet. That developed from a miscommunication between Amtrak and state transportation officials.
Amtrak and the state are working out the money issue.
Bumgarner said more space also was needed to park buses. He says that involves widening everything so there can be one lane in and one lane out, so it makes kind of a loop.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama