Forbes Energy settles with Pennsylvania DEP
ALICE, Texas — Forbes Energy Services Ltd. has signing of a settlement agreement with Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regarding the previously announced gas release incident that occurred June 3. As a result of the settlement, Forbes’ two workover rigs in Pennsylvania may now return to full service.
John Crisp, Forbes Energy’s president and CEO, said, “We’re pleased to have reached this settlement with the DEP and we look forward to getting back to work. We applaud the new safety protocols that have been implemented by the DEP. We believe that they will promote a safer atmosphere for our employees, the environment and the people of Pennsylvania.”
Forbes Energy is an independent oilfield services contractor that provides a broad range of drilling-related and production-related services to oil and natural gas companies, primarily onshore in Texas, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'