Forbes Energy settles with Pennsylvania DEP
ALICE, Texas — Forbes Energy Services Ltd. has signing of a settlement agreement with Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regarding the previously announced gas release incident that occurred June 3. As a result of the settlement, Forbes’ two workover rigs in Pennsylvania may now return to full service.
John Crisp, Forbes Energy’s president and CEO, said, “We’re pleased to have reached this settlement with the DEP and we look forward to getting back to work. We applaud the new safety protocols that have been implemented by the DEP. We believe that they will promote a safer atmosphere for our employees, the environment and the people of Pennsylvania.”
Forbes Energy is an independent oilfield services contractor that provides a broad range of drilling-related and production-related services to oil and natural gas companies, primarily onshore in Texas, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status