Forbes Energy settles with Pennsylvania DEP
ALICE, Texas — Forbes Energy Services Ltd. has signing of a settlement agreement with Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regarding the previously announced gas release incident that occurred June 3. As a result of the settlement, Forbes’ two workover rigs in Pennsylvania may now return to full service.
John Crisp, Forbes Energy’s president and CEO, said, “We’re pleased to have reached this settlement with the DEP and we look forward to getting back to work. We applaud the new safety protocols that have been implemented by the DEP. We believe that they will promote a safer atmosphere for our employees, the environment and the people of Pennsylvania.”
Forbes Energy is an independent oilfield services contractor that provides a broad range of drilling-related and production-related services to oil and natural gas companies, primarily onshore in Texas, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015