Forbes Energy settles with Pennsylvania DEP
ALICE, Texas — Forbes Energy Services Ltd. has signing of a settlement agreement with Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regarding the previously announced gas release incident that occurred June 3. As a result of the settlement, Forbes’ two workover rigs in Pennsylvania may now return to full service.
John Crisp, Forbes Energy’s president and CEO, said, “We’re pleased to have reached this settlement with the DEP and we look forward to getting back to work. We applaud the new safety protocols that have been implemented by the DEP. We believe that they will promote a safer atmosphere for our employees, the environment and the people of Pennsylvania.”
Forbes Energy is an independent oilfield services contractor that provides a broad range of drilling-related and production-related services to oil and natural gas companies, primarily onshore in Texas, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts