Forbes Energy settles with Pennsylvania DEP
ALICE, Texas — Forbes Energy Services Ltd. has signing of a settlement agreement with Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regarding the previously announced gas release incident that occurred June 3. As a result of the settlement, Forbes’ two workover rigs in Pennsylvania may now return to full service.
John Crisp, Forbes Energy’s president and CEO, said, “We’re pleased to have reached this settlement with the DEP and we look forward to getting back to work. We applaud the new safety protocols that have been implemented by the DEP. We believe that they will promote a safer atmosphere for our employees, the environment and the people of Pennsylvania.”
Forbes Energy is an independent oilfield services contractor that provides a broad range of drilling-related and production-related services to oil and natural gas companies, primarily onshore in Texas, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects