Three universities make national Honor Roll
Published: July 13,2010
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Delta State University, Mississippi State University and the University of Southern Mississippi have been named to the 2009 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. They are the only public universities in the state to be recognized for this honor
The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll recognizes institutions of higher education that support exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The Honor Roll recognizes a wide diversity of higher education institutions for their community service programs, practices, and community partnerships. It is administered by Learn and Serve America at the Corporation for National and Community Service and the U.S. Departments of Education and Housing and Urban Development. Many higher education associations, including Campus Compact and the American Council on Education, also support and promote the Honor Roll.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.