Three universities make national Honor Roll
Published: July 13,2010
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Delta State University, Mississippi State University and the University of Southern Mississippi have been named to the 2009 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. They are the only public universities in the state to be recognized for this honor
The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll recognizes institutions of higher education that support exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The Honor Roll recognizes a wide diversity of higher education institutions for their community service programs, practices, and community partnerships. It is administered by Learn and Serve America at the Corporation for National and Community Service and the U.S. Departments of Education and Housing and Urban Development. Many higher education associations, including Campus Compact and the American Council on Education, also support and promote the Honor Roll.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail