Three universities make national Honor Roll
Published: July 13,2010
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Delta State University, Mississippi State University and the University of Southern Mississippi have been named to the 2009 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. They are the only public universities in the state to be recognized for this honor
The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll recognizes institutions of higher education that support exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The Honor Roll recognizes a wide diversity of higher education institutions for their community service programs, practices, and community partnerships. It is administered by Learn and Serve America at the Corporation for National and Community Service and the U.S. Departments of Education and Housing and Urban Development. Many higher education associations, including Campus Compact and the American Council on Education, also support and promote the Honor Roll.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter