Three universities make national Honor Roll
Published: July 13,2010
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Delta State University, Mississippi State University and the University of Southern Mississippi have been named to the 2009 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. They are the only public universities in the state to be recognized for this honor
The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll recognizes institutions of higher education that support exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The Honor Roll recognizes a wide diversity of higher education institutions for their community service programs, practices, and community partnerships. It is administered by Learn and Serve America at the Corporation for National and Community Service and the U.S. Departments of Education and Housing and Urban Development. Many higher education associations, including Campus Compact and the American Council on Education, also support and promote the Honor Roll.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)