Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. — An interim commission of higher education has been named for Louisiana.
Tom Layzell’s hiring was unanimously approved yesterday by the Louisiana Board of Regents. He’s the retired president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Layzell also previously served as commissioner of higher education for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and chancellor of the Illinois Board of Governors of State Colleges and Universities.
Layzell replaces Sally Clausen, who quit in June following her one-day retirement that netted her extra pay for accrued sick leave and vacation time.
The board plans to hire a permanent replacement by October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast