Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. — An interim commission of higher education has been named for Louisiana.
Tom Layzell’s hiring was unanimously approved yesterday by the Louisiana Board of Regents. He’s the retired president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Layzell also previously served as commissioner of higher education for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and chancellor of the Illinois Board of Governors of State Colleges and Universities.
Layzell replaces Sally Clausen, who quit in June following her one-day retirement that netted her extra pay for accrued sick leave and vacation time.
The board plans to hire a permanent replacement by October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange