Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. — An interim commission of higher education has been named for Louisiana.
Tom Layzell’s hiring was unanimously approved yesterday by the Louisiana Board of Regents. He’s the retired president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Layzell also previously served as commissioner of higher education for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and chancellor of the Illinois Board of Governors of State Colleges and Universities.
Layzell replaces Sally Clausen, who quit in June following her one-day retirement that netted her extra pay for accrued sick leave and vacation time.
The board plans to hire a permanent replacement by October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet