Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. — An interim commission of higher education has been named for Louisiana.
Tom Layzell’s hiring was unanimously approved yesterday by the Louisiana Board of Regents. He’s the retired president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Layzell also previously served as commissioner of higher education for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and chancellor of the Illinois Board of Governors of State Colleges and Universities.
Layzell replaces Sally Clausen, who quit in June following her one-day retirement that netted her extra pay for accrued sick leave and vacation time.
The board plans to hire a permanent replacement by October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana”
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Top 40 Under 40
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Top 40 Under 40 Nomination Form
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love