Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. — An interim commission of higher education has been named for Louisiana.
Tom Layzell’s hiring was unanimously approved yesterday by the Louisiana Board of Regents. He’s the retired president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Layzell also previously served as commissioner of higher education for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and chancellor of the Illinois Board of Governors of State Colleges and Universities.
Layzell replaces Sally Clausen, who quit in June following her one-day retirement that netted her extra pay for accrued sick leave and vacation time.
The board plans to hire a permanent replacement by October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Layzell named interim higher ed commissioner in Louisiana”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions