Hudson retiring from SMSH
A retirement reception was held at South Mississippi State Hospital recently to honor Linda Hudson. Hudson celebrated her 10-year anniversary in behavioral healthcare with SMSH, but she leaves behind an impressive 40-year career in nursing.
Since 2002, Hudson served as the SMSH clinical administrative services director. Prior to promotion to that position, she spent two years as the hospital’s performance improvement/utilization review nurse. She has also taught as an adjunct faculty member in the psychology department at William Carey University in Hattiesburg since 2006.
Hudson spent two years as a staff LPN at Elba General Hospital in Elba, Ala., before going to Wesley Health Systems, formerly known as Methodist Hospital. She worked at Wesley from 1971 through 2000 and filled the roles of staff LPN, staff RN, vascular technologist, staff development/quality assurance coordinator, Medicare coordinator, director of nursing services, vice president of nursing services, vice president and vice president/compliance officer.
Hudson is a member of the Mississippi Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau, the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts