Hudson retiring from SMSH
A retirement reception was held at South Mississippi State Hospital recently to honor Linda Hudson. Hudson celebrated her 10-year anniversary in behavioral healthcare with SMSH, but she leaves behind an impressive 40-year career in nursing.
Since 2002, Hudson served as the SMSH clinical administrative services director. Prior to promotion to that position, she spent two years as the hospital’s performance improvement/utilization review nurse. She has also taught as an adjunct faculty member in the psychology department at William Carey University in Hattiesburg since 2006.
Hudson spent two years as a staff LPN at Elba General Hospital in Elba, Ala., before going to Wesley Health Systems, formerly known as Methodist Hospital. She worked at Wesley from 1971 through 2000 and filled the roles of staff LPN, staff RN, vascular technologist, staff development/quality assurance coordinator, Medicare coordinator, director of nursing services, vice president of nursing services, vice president and vice president/compliance officer.
Hudson is a member of the Mississippi Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau, the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets