Hudson retiring from SMSH
A retirement reception was held at South Mississippi State Hospital recently to honor Linda Hudson. Hudson celebrated her 10-year anniversary in behavioral healthcare with SMSH, but she leaves behind an impressive 40-year career in nursing.
Since 2002, Hudson served as the SMSH clinical administrative services director. Prior to promotion to that position, she spent two years as the hospital’s performance improvement/utilization review nurse. She has also taught as an adjunct faculty member in the psychology department at William Carey University in Hattiesburg since 2006.
Hudson spent two years as a staff LPN at Elba General Hospital in Elba, Ala., before going to Wesley Health Systems, formerly known as Methodist Hospital. She worked at Wesley from 1971 through 2000 and filled the roles of staff LPN, staff RN, vascular technologist, staff development/quality assurance coordinator, Medicare coordinator, director of nursing services, vice president of nursing services, vice president and vice president/compliance officer.
Hudson is a member of the Mississippi Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau, the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones