Hudson retiring from SMSH
A retirement reception was held at South Mississippi State Hospital recently to honor Linda Hudson. Hudson celebrated her 10-year anniversary in behavioral healthcare with SMSH, but she leaves behind an impressive 40-year career in nursing.
Since 2002, Hudson served as the SMSH clinical administrative services director. Prior to promotion to that position, she spent two years as the hospital’s performance improvement/utilization review nurse. She has also taught as an adjunct faculty member in the psychology department at William Carey University in Hattiesburg since 2006.
Hudson spent two years as a staff LPN at Elba General Hospital in Elba, Ala., before going to Wesley Health Systems, formerly known as Methodist Hospital. She worked at Wesley from 1971 through 2000 and filled the roles of staff LPN, staff RN, vascular technologist, staff development/quality assurance coordinator, Medicare coordinator, director of nursing services, vice president of nursing services, vice president and vice president/compliance officer.
Hudson is a member of the Mississippi Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau, the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year