Hudson retiring from SMSH
A retirement reception was held at South Mississippi State Hospital recently to honor Linda Hudson. Hudson celebrated her 10-year anniversary in behavioral healthcare with SMSH, but she leaves behind an impressive 40-year career in nursing.
Since 2002, Hudson served as the SMSH clinical administrative services director. Prior to promotion to that position, she spent two years as the hospital’s performance improvement/utilization review nurse. She has also taught as an adjunct faculty member in the psychology department at William Carey University in Hattiesburg since 2006.
Hudson spent two years as a staff LPN at Elba General Hospital in Elba, Ala., before going to Wesley Health Systems, formerly known as Methodist Hospital. She worked at Wesley from 1971 through 2000 and filled the roles of staff LPN, staff RN, vascular technologist, staff development/quality assurance coordinator, Medicare coordinator, director of nursing services, vice president of nursing services, vice president and vice president/compliance officer.
Hudson is a member of the Mississippi Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau, the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability