Matson retiring from Hunt Refining
John Matson, chairman and president of Tuscaloosa, Ala.-based Hunt Refining Company, has announced his retirement effective Dec. 31, 2010, following the completion of the $905-million expansion of the Tuscaloosa Refinery.
Matson has led the Hunt Refining, which operates transportation and storage facilities in West and Eastern Mississippi, for over 18 years. Prior to joining Hunt Refining, Matson was vice president and director at Arthur D. Little Inc., an international management consulting firm where he specialized in strategy formulation and transaction support for the energy and related industries.
Ray Hunt, chairman and CEO of Hunt Consolidated Inc., announced the appointment of Shanmuk Sharma as the new president of Hunt Refining replacing Matson, who will remain as chairman through year-end. Sharma has been with the Hunt organization for five years. His most recent assignment was project manager for Hunt’s PERU LNG plant. PERU LNG is the first liquid natural gas production facility in South America. Prior to joining Hunt, Sharma worked for Kellogg Brown & Root as a project director for 30 years and had management responsibility for LNG projects throughout the world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Matson retiring from Hunt Refining”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit