McCoy named interim school superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2010
Randy McCoy, the retired superintendent from the Tupelo school system, has been named interim superintendent for the Meridian Public School District.
School board president Don Evans says the search will continue for a permanent school superintendent.
Evans told The Meridian Star that McCoy would replace Terry Larabee, who will be working elsewhere in the school system. He says Larabee had been told he would serve as interim schools chief through June.
Evans says the job will be re-advertised.
Charlie Kent Jr. resigned from the post in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'