McCoy named interim school superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2010
Randy McCoy, the retired superintendent from the Tupelo school system, has been named interim superintendent for the Meridian Public School District.
School board president Don Evans says the search will continue for a permanent school superintendent.
Evans told The Meridian Star that McCoy would replace Terry Larabee, who will be working elsewhere in the school system. He says Larabee had been told he would serve as interim schools chief through June.
Evans says the job will be re-advertised.
Charlie Kent Jr. resigned from the post in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines