McCoy named interim school superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2010
Randy McCoy, the retired superintendent from the Tupelo school system, has been named interim superintendent for the Meridian Public School District.
School board president Don Evans says the search will continue for a permanent school superintendent.
Evans told The Meridian Star that McCoy would replace Terry Larabee, who will be working elsewhere in the school system. He says Larabee had been told he would serve as interim schools chief through June.
Evans says the job will be re-advertised.
Charlie Kent Jr. resigned from the post in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill