McCoy named interim school superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2010
Randy McCoy, the retired superintendent from the Tupelo school system, has been named interim superintendent for the Meridian Public School District.
School board president Don Evans says the search will continue for a permanent school superintendent.
Evans told The Meridian Star that McCoy would replace Terry Larabee, who will be working elsewhere in the school system. He says Larabee had been told he would serve as interim schools chief through June.
Evans says the job will be re-advertised.
Charlie Kent Jr. resigned from the post in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement