McCoy named interim school superintendent
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2010
Randy McCoy, the retired superintendent from the Tupelo school system, has been named interim superintendent for the Meridian Public School District.
School board president Don Evans says the search will continue for a permanent school superintendent.
Evans told The Meridian Star that McCoy would replace Terry Larabee, who will be working elsewhere in the school system. He says Larabee had been told he would serve as interim schools chief through June.
Evans says the job will be re-advertised.
Charlie Kent Jr. resigned from the post in March.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast