Nipper heading UA alumni board
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 18,2010
Steve Nipper, community bank president of BancorpSouth in Magnolia, Ark., has taken the helm of the University of Arkansas Alumni Association board of directors for a two-year term.
A Magnolia native, Nipper graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1971 with an undergraduate degree in finance and banking and a master’s degree in business administration. He is also a graduate of the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking and the national Commercial Lending School.
Nipper has served in numerous leadership roles including service as president of the Little Rock Jaycees, a member of the Magnolia Regional Medical Center Board of Commissioners, a member of the Magnolia Arts Council Board, president of the Magnolia United Way and president of the Magnolia/Columbia County Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, he has worked with Leadership Magnolia and served the Columbia County Community Foundation Board. He has been appointed twice by Arkansas governors in state leadership positions (Commission for Arkansas’s Future appointed by Gov. Bill Clinton and the Arkansas Science and Technology Authority appointed by Gov. Jim Guy Tucker). Nipper was recognized as Magnolia’s 2004 Citizen of the Year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program