First West Nile virus of season found in sample
MADISON COUNTY — The first positive test for West Nile virus in Mississippi during the current season has been found in a mosquito sample in Madison County.
The state health department says it will be conducting regular testing across the state during the mosquito season months of July through September.
Only one positive human case has been reported so far this in Mississippi. That was discovered in February in Coahoma County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district