First West Nile virus of season found in sample
MADISON COUNTY — The first positive test for West Nile virus in Mississippi during the current season has been found in a mosquito sample in Madison County.
The state health department says it will be conducting regular testing across the state during the mosquito season months of July through September.
Only one positive human case has been reported so far this in Mississippi. That was discovered in February in Coahoma County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast