Military orders more guns from BAE
HATTIESBURG — British defense contractor BAE Systems, PLC, says it has received an order for 93 M777 howitzers — military artillery that is currently used in combat in Afghanistan.
Benson St. Louis, general manager of BAE’s Hattiesburg facility, said workers will start on the order in 2012. BAE Hattiesburg is responsible for final integration and test of the weapon system.
The Hattiesburg facility has 80 employees and has been open since 2003.
St. Louis tells the Hattiesburg American that he doesn’t know the value of the contract. To date, he says BAE Hattiesburg has delivered 698 guns.
BAE says in a release that the U.S. is buying 58 guns for the Army and Marine Corps while Australia is acquiring 35 through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide