State’s jobless rate falls nearly a half-point
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly in June to 11 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics noted that the state had decreases in both jobs and the number of people listed as unemployed. The number of non-farm jobs slid by 3,000 last month from May, while the number of unemployed dropped by 62,000 from May.
All of the figures are seasonally adjusted.
Mississippi had an 11.4 percent unemployment rate in May. In June 2009, the rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case