State’s jobless rate falls nearly a half-point
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly in June to 11 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics noted that the state had decreases in both jobs and the number of people listed as unemployed. The number of non-farm jobs slid by 3,000 last month from May, while the number of unemployed dropped by 62,000 from May.
All of the figures are seasonally adjusted.
Mississippi had an 11.4 percent unemployment rate in May. In June 2009, the rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail