State’s jobless rate falls nearly a half-point
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate dropped slightly in June to 11 percent.
The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics noted that the state had decreases in both jobs and the number of people listed as unemployed. The number of non-farm jobs slid by 3,000 last month from May, while the number of unemployed dropped by 62,000 from May.
All of the figures are seasonally adjusted.
Mississippi had an 11.4 percent unemployment rate in May. In June 2009, the rate was 9.5 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image