Amazon signs e-book deal with Wylie
SEATTLE — Amazon.com Inc. says it has struck a deal that will give it exclusive rights to sell some of the great works of 20th century literature in electronic form.
An agreement with The Wylie Agency gives Amazon exclusive rights for two years to sell e-book versions of novels including Saul Bellow’s “The Adventures of Augie March” and Philip Roth’s “Portnoy’s Complaint” among others.
Amazon says it is the first time any of these books have been available for electronic readers. They are being published under a new imprint from Wylie called Odyssey Editions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain