First M&F reports improved quarter
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reports a net profit for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, of $1.272 million.
Net income for the quarter allocated to common shareholders was $826,000, or $.09 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to the first quarter of 2010 earnings of $413,000, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share and a loss of $5.498 million, or $(.61) basic and diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2009
Hugh Potts Jr., chairman and CEO said, “The arduous course of the last two and one half years shows signs of incremental progress and some abatement of old and new credit issues. While there remains stress upon borrowers, which causes challenges to M&F as a company, the progress in numbers is encouraging both by comparison and trend.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers