First M&F reports improved quarter
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reports a net profit for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, of $1.272 million.
Net income for the quarter allocated to common shareholders was $826,000, or $.09 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to the first quarter of 2010 earnings of $413,000, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share and a loss of $5.498 million, or $(.61) basic and diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2009
Hugh Potts Jr., chairman and CEO said, “The arduous course of the last two and one half years shows signs of incremental progress and some abatement of old and new credit issues. While there remains stress upon borrowers, which causes challenges to M&F as a company, the progress in numbers is encouraging both by comparison and trend.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing