First M&F reports improved quarter
by Wally Northway
Published: July 22,2010
Tags: banking and finance
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reports a net profit for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, of $1.272 million.
Net income for the quarter allocated to common shareholders was $826,000, or $.09 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to the first quarter of 2010 earnings of $413,000, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share and a loss of $5.498 million, or $(.61) basic and diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2009
Hugh Potts Jr., chairman and CEO said, “The arduous course of the last two and one half years shows signs of incremental progress and some abatement of old and new credit issues. While there remains stress upon borrowers, which causes challenges to M&F as a company, the progress in numbers is encouraging both by comparison and trend.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data