First M&F reports improved quarter
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reports a net profit for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, of $1.272 million.
Net income for the quarter allocated to common shareholders was $826,000, or $.09 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to the first quarter of 2010 earnings of $413,000, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share and a loss of $5.498 million, or $(.61) basic and diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2009
Hugh Potts Jr., chairman and CEO said, “The arduous course of the last two and one half years shows signs of incremental progress and some abatement of old and new credit issues. While there remains stress upon borrowers, which causes challenges to M&F as a company, the progress in numbers is encouraging both by comparison and trend.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow