Furniture manufacturer shutters plant
IUKA — An upholstered furniture manufacturer in north Mississippi has gone out of business, putting 35 people out of work.
Meridian Furniture Manufacturing occupied a 120,000-square-foot building in Iuka owned by Tishomingo County.
Tishomingo County Development Foundation executive director Gary Matthews told the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the company was unable to secure operating capital in order to stay open.
Meridian’s departure leaves two furniture manufacturers in the county, Max Home and Jamco. Together they employ about 190.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom