Furniture manufacturer shutters plant
IUKA — An upholstered furniture manufacturer in north Mississippi has gone out of business, putting 35 people out of work.
Meridian Furniture Manufacturing occupied a 120,000-square-foot building in Iuka owned by Tishomingo County.
Tishomingo County Development Foundation executive director Gary Matthews told the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the company was unable to secure operating capital in order to stay open.
Meridian’s departure leaves two furniture manufacturers in the county, Max Home and Jamco. Together they employ about 190.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss