MDOT chief arrested for public intoxication
Published: July 23,2010
The Biloxi Police Department confirmed to the Mississippi Business Journal that a Larry L. Brown, Sr., 67, was arrested at the Beau Rivage Resort at 6 a.m. Friday and charged with public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
That’s the same name and age as Mississippi Department of Transportation Executive Director “Butch” Brown.
Reached on his cell phone Friday afternoon, Brown confirmed that he had “just left” the Beau Rivage. He said he had attended a planning session and had spoken to a group of economic developers.
Brown denied, however, that he had been arrested. “I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
A mugshot provided to the Mississippi Business Journal by the Harrison County Jail appears to be Brown, based on a photo of Brown on www.transportation.org, the website for AASHTO, a non-profit, non-partisan association that represents highway and transportation departments in the U.S. Brown is the president of AASHTO.
Calls to the Beau Rivage were not immediately returned.
Additional reporting by Amy McCullough.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs