Association elects Hess as president
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 25,2010
At the recent Mississippi Municipal League Conference held in Biloxi, Laurel’s city clerk Mary Ann Hess was elected state president of the Mississippi Municipal Clerks and Tax Collectors Association (MMCCA). For the past 10 years, Hess has served the City of Laurel as city clerk/finance director. Prior to this position, she was the city clerk/finance director for the City of Greenville.
In 2001, Hess obtained the certified municipal clerk designation from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks and she is currently pursuing the master municipal clerk designation. She is a graduate of Jones County Junior College and the University of Mississippi where she obtained her bachelor and master degrees in business administration. She has done additional graduate study at the University of Mississippi School of Law, Tennessee State University and Middle Tennessee State University.
Prior to her election as president, Hess served as the first vice president, second vice president and Southern District trustee for the association. She also has served as state president of the Mississippi City/County Management Association and state chairperson of the Mississippi Association of Parliamentarians.
The other officers for the association are: first vice president, city clerk Angela Bean, Brandon; second vice president, city clerk Sheila Heath, Southaven; treasurer, city clerk Michael Jinks, Brookhaven; secretary, city clerk Helen Johnson, Hollandale; Northern District trustee, city clerk Celia Boren, Tunica; Central District trustee, city clerk Kim Vaughan, Crystal Springs; and, Southern District trustee, city clerk Wondra Dale, Prentiss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block