Waites, Rea take seats on Board of Health
Officials have sworn-in two new members to the state Board of Health. Dr. Thad F. Waites of Hattiesburg and registered nurse Sammie Ruth Rea of Jackson were appointed to the board by Gov. Haley Barbour.
Waites serves on the American College of Cardiology Board of Governors and has worked at Oschner Clinic and Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. He’s been a practicing cardiology at the Hattiesburg Clinic since 1987.
Rea worked in Greenwood and Philadelphia as a surgery and emergency room nurse.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs