Waites, Rea take seats on Board of Health
Officials have sworn-in two new members to the state Board of Health. Dr. Thad F. Waites of Hattiesburg and registered nurse Sammie Ruth Rea of Jackson were appointed to the board by Gov. Haley Barbour.
Waites serves on the American College of Cardiology Board of Governors and has worked at Oschner Clinic and Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. He’s been a practicing cardiology at the Hattiesburg Clinic since 1987.
Rea worked in Greenwood and Philadelphia as a surgery and emergency room nurse.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal