Waites, Rea take seats on Board of Health
Officials have sworn-in two new members to the state Board of Health. Dr. Thad F. Waites of Hattiesburg and registered nurse Sammie Ruth Rea of Jackson were appointed to the board by Gov. Haley Barbour.
Waites serves on the American College of Cardiology Board of Governors and has worked at Oschner Clinic and Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. He’s been a practicing cardiology at the Hattiesburg Clinic since 1987.
Rea worked in Greenwood and Philadelphia as a surgery and emergency room nurse.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions