Waites, Rea take seats on Board of Health
Officials have sworn-in two new members to the state Board of Health. Dr. Thad F. Waites of Hattiesburg and registered nurse Sammie Ruth Rea of Jackson were appointed to the board by Gov. Haley Barbour.
Waites serves on the American College of Cardiology Board of Governors and has worked at Oschner Clinic and Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. He’s been a practicing cardiology at the Hattiesburg Clinic since 1987.
Rea worked in Greenwood and Philadelphia as a surgery and emergency room nurse.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years