Waites, Rea take seats on Board of Health
Officials have sworn-in two new members to the state Board of Health. Dr. Thad F. Waites of Hattiesburg and registered nurse Sammie Ruth Rea of Jackson were appointed to the board by Gov. Haley Barbour.
Waites serves on the American College of Cardiology Board of Governors and has worked at Oschner Clinic and Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. He’s been a practicing cardiology at the Hattiesburg Clinic since 1987.
Rea worked in Greenwood and Philadelphia as a surgery and emergency room nurse.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators