Cadence sees losses, but not as deep
STARKVILLE — Cadence Financial Corporation recorded a net loss of $1.6 million for the second quarter of 2010, compared with a net loss of $14 million for the second quarter of 2009.
Reduced net interest income and sizeable expenses related to repossessed real estate were major contributors to the 2010 second-quarter loss.
Net loss applicable to common shareholders was $2.3 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, compared with a net loss applicable to common shareholders of $14.7 million, or $1.23 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2009.
Cadence reported a significant decrease in its provision for loan losses from the second quarter of last year. The provision for loan losses dropped to $3.2 million, compared with $23 million in the second quarter of 2009 due to lower charge-offs and a lower level of non-performing and classified loans. This was the second consecutive quarterly reduction in classified loans.
Net interest income was $20.2 million in the first six months of 2010, compared with $23 million in the same period of 2009. The decrease in net interest income was due to a seven-basis-point decrease in net interest margin and a 9.2 percent decrease in average earning assets, compared with the same period in 2009. The provision for loan losses for the first six months of 2010 declined to $4.8 million, compared with $55.8 million in the first six months of 2009.
For the first six months of 2010, Cadence reported a net loss of $2.8 million, compared with a net loss of $98.2 million for the first six months of 2009.
Net loss applicable to common shareholders was $4.2 million, or $0.35 per diluted share, compared with a net loss applicable to common shareholders of $99.1 million, or $8.32 per diluted share, in the same period of 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years